Monday, October 29, 2007

Chicken to Race?

The Velo Bella Surf City Annual Halloween Cyclocross Race never disappoints. Ask anyone, the Bellas know how to put on a fun party! If you've never experienced this race you should definitely not miss it next year so mark your calendars now.

Although a bit apprehensive to test out my cross legs after 4 yrs. of retirement, I was excited to utilize some of the creativity that I've been storing up all season long and went into costume making mode.


Ingredients as follows:
1 LS White T-shirt
1 pr. White bikini panties
2 feather boas
1 hood off an old hooded top
1 piece of red felt
1 pr. industrial gloves
Hincapie bib shorts and knee warmers

My one prayer would be that the weather would be sunny as the thought of wet chicken feathers just ain't pretty.

I was very excited that not only did my chicken feet stay solidly positioned on my feet but they were as much an advantage as disadvantage on the run-ups. With a necessary exagerated knee lift in order not to trip myself and go head over heals, I propelled myself up those run-ups like the champion chicken I've always imagined myself to be! My construction was rock solid...I retained most of my feathers and the ones that did go flying others were able to enjoy. For my efforts I received an entire flat of California Giant Strawberries...yummy!

So gals, the competition is on! Can you top it?

2 comments:

Velo Bella said...

Carmen the Chicken!

the feet were genius.

And Carmen the Chicken is also Carmen the modest. She rocked the race (Costume and Elite) and also volunteered at our clinic the day before where she and her husband shared their love of the sport and even managed to turn around an otherwise cranky kid~

daluiscp said...

who said chickens can't fly?