Monday, March 26, 2007

Aaron's in Orlando

These are just a few pictures from our tour of Orlando this weekend. Julie, LA, the Aaron's gang and myself had a great time. Thank you to everyone that came out and cheered us on! The weather was warm and sunny. Just perfect for the race.
We were a little nervous going into the race. Not only was it our first of the season, but we couldn't let down our fearless leader from Aaron's, ED!
The three of us kept everything in check for the most part until Kenda attacked and got a 20 second gap. LA and Julie gave it their all bringing it back. I did a couple of jumps myself to try to get across. Eventually the Kenda girl came back to the field. Thank goodness! Unfortunately, the next lap they called 5 to go and said that the Kenda girl had flatted, so they were giving her another 20 second lead! I couldn't believe my ears! LA drove it around and a couple of girls attacked us and I went with them. We caught Kenda with one to go. And there were more attacks. I went with each girl trying to save as much energy as I could for the sprint. Out of turn three we were all spread out across the road. I stayed in the front and watched for the attacks to come. I lead it around turn four. It is an awfully long way from that turn so I didn't jump immediately. I waited a tiny bit and just decided to go. I kept shifting and trying to hammer as much as I could through the finish. We did it! Our first win of the season!



1 comment:

Kim said...

Way to go!! Awesome to see you on the podium...Keep up the great work!